Dragon Age Fanfic Stuff

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Incommunicado

     I don't know how much any of you know about living on Ontario's Disability Support Program but let me tell you, it blows. My husband had what most would consider a short fall down a flight of six steps on a back deck. Nothing big, right? Except that he goes and wrenches out his shoulder causing severe nerve damage and slams his head hard enough that he now has chronic migraines, and has for the last five years. The first two years we went from doctor to doctor trying to fix what was wrong, the next three we added going to lawyers and court to that mess.

     Two failed attempts to get on Disability and he was finally approved, although now we have to fight to get funding for a care taker to sit with him during the day when he gets dizzy spells. In the meantime I can't work, as he needs someone to be with him at all times. Our only income into the house is his Disability cheque which, let me tell you, does not go nearly far enough.

     Anyway, I was going somewhere with this, I swear. After our son's dental issues money was tighter than usual this month. We tried the local Salvation Army Foodbank and they were wonderful but it still just wasn't enough. There were absolutely no sales from my Etsy shop this month and so few good online surveys. There was just nothing. So I ended up taking my poor old laptop into the pawn shop...

     It's not something I would normally advise, mostly because it costs you just a little more than what you borrowed to get your things back, but I just didn't have a choice. But it meant no updates, no checking my shop, no chatting with Tumblr followers or getting any writing done. My fingers are crossed that I won't ever have to do this again.

     On lighter news...
This is Tink, one of our cats. She got out this morning and felt that sitting on top of a horse trailer was the absolute best use of her time.

No comments:

Post a Comment